Dear Friend –
As Mayor of Santee for the past 15 years, I’ve worked hard to implement a conservative, limited government vision for Santee. I’m happy to say that these efforts have paid off, as Santee has become a model for how conservative principles can be applied at a local level. Now I’m ready to take my experience to Sacramento, which is in desperate need of strong conservative leadership.
While serving as Mayor my record of accomplishment includes:
– Building up large budget reserves to strengthen our fiscal stability.
– Contracting out recreation programs, public safety, and many other city services to keep staff low and reduce pension liabilities.
– Dedicating the highest proportion of our budget to public safety.
– Achieving one of the lowest crime rates in the region.
– No sales tax increases.
– Reducing city spending by 16% during the lean years to keep the budget balanced.
– Implementing pro-business policies that attract the restaurants we want, as well as vibrant new retail, residential, and office development.
– Establishing a teen center, ball fields, concerts and recreational activities for children, families & seniors.
As a result of these policies, Santee now boasts the best business environment, highest citizen-to-employee ratio, and smallest pension liabilities in the region.
My record of accomplishment and success is precisely what’s needed in Sacramento. Our state could benefit greatly from dramatically improving our business environment, significantly reducing the size and role of our state government, and stabilizing the long-term fiscal outlook.
I have been endorsed by State Senator Joel Anderson, Assemblymember Brian Jones, Assemblymember Marie Waldron, State Senator Mike Morrell, State Senator Jeff Stone, Assemblymember Ling Ling Chang, Assemblymember Shannon Grove, Assemblymember Devon Mathis, Assemblymember Jim Patterson, Fmr. Assemblyman Steve Baldwin, El Cajon Mayor Bill Wells, El Cajon Councilmember Star Bales, El Cajon Councilmember Gary Kendrick, El Cajon Councilmember Bob McClellan, El Cajon CouncilmemberTony Ambrose, Santee Councilmember John Minto, Santee Councilmember Rob McNelis, Santee Councilmember Ronn Hall, Santee Councilmember Jack Dale, La Mesa Councilmember Ruth Sterling, Cajon Valley Union School District President Justin Slagle, Padre Dam Municipal Water District Board President Doug Wilson, Padre Dam Municipal Water District Board Member Bill Pommering, Santee School Board Member Ken Fox, Grossmont High School District Trustee Jim Kelly, the Associated Builders & Contractors of San Diego, the Republican Party of Riverside County, the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, the California Republican Assembly, the San Diego County Probation Officers Association, and the Deputy Sheriffs’ Association of San Diego County, and the Republican Party of San Diego County,
I hope you’ll join them in supporting my campaign for the 71st Assembly District.
Mayor, City of Santee